Auditions for one soprano spot will be held on Monday, August 28 and September 11 from 7:30-9:00 pm at the First Congregational Church, 725 Washington Street, in Holliston.
Rehearsals are on Mondays from 7:00-9:00 in preparation for our three concerts: December 9, March 3, and May 19.
The audition piece is Hodie, Alleluia by Mark Sirett. Please look at the second soprano part.
Please contact Carrie Klimeczko for more information and to schedule an audition time.
Frequently Asked Audition Questions
Is Exsultet! the group for me?
- learn our music on our own time, so we can concentrate on blending, intonation, and interpretation during rehearsals
- aren’t afraid of learning new music, but enjoy being challenged by singing a large range of works, including newly commissioned pieces, rarely performed works, in addition to great masterworks
- aren’t afraid of singing in different languages, but enjoy the challenge of singing in German, Latin, French, Hebrew, Russian, and Filipino, etc.
- aren’t a social group, but enjoy fast-paced and disciplined rehearsals, striving to achieve our conductor’s nuanced interpretations as early as possible in the rehearsal process
- don’t chat during rehearsals, but enjoy each other’s company
Q: What are auditions like? Do I need to prepare a solo?
No, you will not be asked to sing solos songs.
a. You will sing your preferred voice part of the audition piece individually for Richard, the Director, and Carrie, the Auditions Manager;
b. we will then rehearse the piece for an hour as an ensemble;
c. at the end, we will break into small groups to allow the Director to assess your experience level amongst the singers. This will assure proper placement and balance of voices to achieve the best possible musical outcome.
Q: What do I have to prepare?
Please review your preferred part before audition night.
Q: When and where do you rehearse?
We rehearse on Monday evenings from 7:00 – 9:0pm from late August until mid-May in the choir room at First Congregational Church, 725 Washington Street, Holliston, MA.
Q: How much are dues?
Dues are $60 per year with additional cost for music, a concert folder, and concert dress.
Q: How many concerts do you perform?
Our season includes three concerts (November, February, and May) with performances at other locations and periodic collaborations with other musical groups.